Craig Desjardins, City of Kingston, Director of Strategy Innovation and Partnerships, Philip Hicks Founder, and CEO of GovernmentFramworks.com in partnership with The City of Kingston showcased their premium strategic planning and reporting tool for local government at the OEMC Conference.
This web-based governance tool for CAO’s and Executive Leadership Teams, managers and staff solves the complex reporting problems between administrations, council elect, and associated authorities. This is a must for discerning municipalities seeking an effective methodology for combining strategic needs with maximized performance.
In this session, Craig and Phil discussed the critical role of strategy and more importantly the critical role of the integration of strategy by using the Local Government Framework© powered by software and the importance of ongoing training, process improvement, lessons learned, and the key benefits of a structured Planning & Reporting Framework.
Key benefits highlighted :
- Transparency: Plans and progress are visible throughout the organization, helping managers better understand the contributions from across the city to achieve the Council’s strategic plan. It ensures that the whole organization is aligned and moving in the same direction.
- Accountability: Assignments are role-based out to over 80 key managers. This allows for the plans to be cascaded broadly and communicated to the right people in a timely manner. When there are personnel changes the system updates and reallocates assignments saving hundreds of hours of manual work.
- Stewardship: Each manager has a simple screen to view all assignments and can report from one 1 screen. Managers’ have taken the initiative to expand into operational planning to give a full picture of their planning and execution. This helps with greater visibility and accountability, along with providing insights into workforce planning.
- Integrity: The system tracks and monitors all reporting and history from start to finish. Providing confidence to stakeholders that work is transparent and reported on a timely basis.
- Efficient and user-friendly: Easily collaborate, plan and report at the click of a button.
We are for Government Leaders who desire sustainable transformation and continuous improvement, the Local Government Framework© is a proven low-risk method, for digital and workforce governance, that communicates alignment to community needs, provides greater visibility, and increased service capabilities.